SCOTT will Significantly impact the European Union to achieve the full potential of the IoT. It will establish the EU as a centre of leading, trusted, user (citizen) friendly, secure, and reliable IoT ecosystems enabled by a strong industry with a strong reputation and an informed society to enable products and services based on IoT compliant to European values. The project’s consortium will intensely cooperate with different working groups of AIOTI, the Alliance for the Internet of Things Innovation, as well as numerous national cluster associations. It aims to facilitate the worldwide uptake of “European Technology” and infrastructure with the goal to earn an international reputation for secure, smart, and privacy-aware wireless solutions. Additionally, it will strengthen Europe’s IoT industry by demonstrating wireless solutions which allow third parties – in particular start-up companies – to develop IoT applications faster in an open innovation based approach to increase societal benefits.
SCOTT’s objectives include:
- Providing comprehensive cost-efficient solutions of wireless, end-to-end secure, trustworthy connectivity and interoperability.
- Bridging the last mile to the market.
- Not dealing with just ‘things that are connected’, but ‘trustable things that are connected‘.
- Valuing the end-users’ privacy rules.
- Bundling the European key players from several industrial domains.
- Makeing use of the full potential of cross-domain synergies.
- Strengthening Europe’s position in the emerging technology field of secure IoT.
ECS Strategic Research Agenda focus areas:
Safety, Security and Reliability
ECSEL Call 2017
Start date: 05/2017
Duration: 38 months
Number of partners: 57
Number of countries: 12
Total investment: M€ 39