AENEAS Active Members
AENEAS brings many benefits to its members. There is no Fixed Contribution to become a member of AENEAS. With reference to the benefits, many AENEAS members participate to funded cooperative programmes in Europe, such as PENTA and ECSEL. To the advantage of all, AENEAS provides support to these programmes. Therefore, AENEAS requests that project participants, who actually receive funding from (one of) these programmes, pay a Variable Contribution*.
Declaration of Acceptance signatories for Programmes managed by AENEAS
In specific cases, where project participants cannot commit themselves to become member of AENEAS, it is possible to sign a Declaration of Acceptance (DoA) for PENTA as agreement to accept the same obligations as AENEAS members or Declaration of Acceptance (DoA) for ECSEL as determined by the three JU Associations on mutual agreement for any particular year.
Variable Contribution for AENEAS Active Members and DoA signatories
- The Variable Contribution is a set percentage of the Maximum Possible Funding of each Member or DoA signatory and all its Affiliated Companies.
- For ECSEL projects, the Maximum Possible Funding is the sum of the National Funding to be received as expected at the start of the project and ECSEL JU Funding. For PENTA projects, the Maximum Possible Funding is the National Funding to be received as expected at the start of the project.
- Following the General Assembly of November 2018, the 2019 Variable Contribution has been set at 1.5% of the Maximum Possible Funding, for AENEAS Active Members and PENTA DoA signatories. For ECSEL DoA signatories, the agreed percentage** for 2018 it is set at 2.1% which is applicable to 2019 invoicing for AENEAS.
- Any change in the conditions above requires approval of the General Assembly.
- The Variable Contribution is invoiced in 3 instalments over 3 consecutive years.
- The first invoice will be issued in the year after the start of the project(s) and sent in the first quarter of the year.
- In 2019, invoices will be sent for projects of ECSEL Calls 2015 1-2, 2016 1-2 and 2017 1-2 and PENTA Calls 1 and 2.
For detailed information, please refer to the AENEAS Internal Regulations and AENEAS Articles of Association.
*The C Members (Corporate) in ECSEL projects, in accordance with clause 2 of the Internal Regulations, agreed to pay an Extra Variable Contribution for non-contributing non-members, otherwise known as free-riders (defined as not being a member and have not signed a DoA), participating in the same projects as they are. The list of estimated free-riders will be sent with the Variable Contribution invoice, thus allowing C Members to encourage free-riders to become a member or sign a DoA before the Extra Variable Contribution invoice is issued as of the 1st of September.
**The three JU Associations of ECSEL (AENEAS, ARTEMIS-IA and EPoSS) have agreed to a coordinated approach to invoicing contributions so that partners who are members or DoA signatories of 2 or 3 Associations are not charged double or triple amounts. To implement this, the Maximum Possible Funding is divided according to membership and DoA signatories status, before each association issues their respective invoices at their respective rates. It is important to note that AENEAS invoices one year after the start of the project, unlike ARTEMIS-IA and EPoSS. The status of membership & DoA signatories is reviewed amongst the 3 associations at the end of each year for the following year.