AENEAS membership brings many benefits and there is no fee to join the Association. If you are interested in funded collaborative programmes in Europe, such as Eureka Xecs and the Chips JU, AENEAS provides extensive support to these instruments. Therefore, AENEAS requests that project participants who actually receive funding pay a Variable Contribution. AENEAS membership provides an easy mechanism for fulfilling the required commitment to the Variable Contribution for all programmes that AENEAS supports.
Declaration of Acceptance signatories for ECSEL projects
In line with the new EU Financial Regulations, as of Call 2020, AENEAS will no longer accept new Declaration of Acceptances (DoA) for ECSEL projects.
Declaration of Acceptance signatories for Xecs, PENTA, and EURIPIDES projects
If limited participation in EUREKA programmes is envisaged, there is an option to submit a project specific Declaration of Acceptance (DoA). Please note that this will be required for every project that a partner participates in, so a free AENEAS membership may be a more convenient mechanism to fulfil this requirement.
AENEAS Variable Contribution
For ECSEL and KDT projects3, the Variable Contribution is a set percentage of the Maximum Possible Funding1 of each Member and all its Affiliated Companies, the Maximum Possible Funding being the sum of the EC and National (and/or Regional) Funding to be received as expected at the start of the project.
- For AENEAS Members, according to the 2024 budget approved by the AENEAS General Assembly of November 2023, the 2024 Variable Contribution for ECSEL and KDT has been set at 1.8%2 of the Maximum Possible Funding.
For PENTA and Xecs projects, the Variable Contribution is a set percentage of the Maximum Possible Funding1 to be received as expected at the start of the project, independent from the source of the public funding (e.g., national, regional, etc.).
- This applies to each Member or DoA signatory and all their Affiliated Companies.
- According to the 2024 budget approved by the AENEAS General Assembly of November 2023, the 2024 PENTA and Xecs Variable Contribution has been set at 1.8%2 of the Maximum Possible Funding.
For EURIPIDES and joint Cluster Call projects, the Variable Contribution4 is defined as 1.5% of the eligible project cost of each funded participant, be it a Member or a DoA signatory.
For more information, please refer to the AENEAS Articles of Association and AENEAS Internal Regulations.
- Any change in the conditions above will be submitted to the AENEAS General Assembly.
- The Variable Contribution is invoiced in 3 instalments over 3 consecutive years, in the first quarter of each year.
- In 2024, invoices for the 1st instalment will be sent for projects of KDT Call 2022 and Xecs Call 1.
- In 2024, invoices for the 2nd instalment will be sent for projects of KDT Call 2021 and PENTA Call 6.
- In 2024, invoices for the 3rd instalment will be sent for projects of ECSEL Call 2020 and PENTA Call 5.
- Members who join in the 2nd or 3rd year of invoicing will be invoiced retroactively, in the year they join.
1 The Maximum Possible Funding includes, and is not limited to, national and European funding, subsidies, and loans, to be received as expected at the start of the project (PAB decision). Any reduction, cancellation of funding, or reimbursement of loan, will give right to a reimbursement by AENEAS, upon submitting a request in writing with official documentation validating the change.
2 The set percentage in line with the budget approved by the AENEAS General Assembly is the maximum rate of that year.
3 The three JU Associations of ECSEL and KDT (AENEAS, EPoSS, and Inside) have agreed to a coordinated approach to invoicing contributions so that partners who are members or DoA signatories of 2 or 3 Associations are not charged double or triple amounts.
4 EURIPIDES programme has specific rules as defined in the Articles of Associations of the EURIPIDES association before it was absorbed by AENEAS. Therefore, the original rules are applied.