Are you passionate and experienced in collaborative innovation? Want to join a dynamic and challenging environment? AENEAS is hiring a new Programme Manager to start in January 2024. Apply by 31 October 2023.
AENEAS, an industry association established in 2006, aims at promoting RD&I to strengthen the competitiveness of European industry across the complete Electronics Components and Systems (ECS) value chain and more specifically in the field of micro and nanoelectronics enabled components and systems. At the end of 2022, AENEAS counts more than 500 members.
AENEAS mission translates into actions aimed at supporting its members, shaping funding programmes adapted to their needs and stimulating the creation of research partnerships.
In this respect, AENEAS is part of the European Chips Act implementation, and it relies on two main pillars: the EU partnership KDT (Key Digital Technologies) under the Horizon Europe framework programme of the European Commission, to be soon enlarged into the Chips JU, and the Eureka Clusters Programme (“ECP”) with PENTA, EURIPIDES, and Xecs Programmes in the field of Electronic Components and Systems. AENEAS takes an active role in shaping those programmes and operating them.
AENEAS manages a Scientific Council, a Technical Experts Group (TEG), a SME Council supporting SMEs, and ad-hoc working groups for specific purposes, like the preparation of the Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda or the contents of Calls for proposals.
AENEAS also participates directly in specific projects or initiatives supporting its community, related to the global environment (cf. ICOS CSA) or the challenges in employment (cf. 2023 Summer School and the European Chips Skills Academy).
The new AENEAS Programme Manager will participate in dedicated parts of these actions, under the responsibility of the Xecs Director or the Technical Director depending on the assignment and will ultimately report to the AENEAS Director General.
The new AENEAS Programme Manager will participate in the Xecs team and will be in charge of specific projects for monitoring and review purposes. He/she will be involved in the TEG, in the SME council, in the relationship with the project participants, other Eureka Clusters and Inter Cluster activities and the funding Public Authorities, and will contribute to activities of the Xecs team, like webinars, events, communication, etc.
The new AENEAS Programme Manager will participate in specific activities intended to shape the contents of the Calls under KDT and the Chips JU. He/she will support the AENEAS Technical Director in the different projects assigned, including the ECS Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (SRIA).
As part of the AENEAS Office team, the new AENEAS Programme Manager will work with the Communication team and the Finance & Administration team. He/she will support the Director General as needed and contribute to the information and reporting to the AENEAS Management Committee during the regular meetings with the AENEAS Office. He/she will participate in events and meetings to represent AENEAS and/or Xecs.
- Project Management
- Skills in managing complex programs with many stakeholders
- Ability to work autonomously
- Fluent in English (additional language like French, German, Dutch helpful)
- Technical knowledge of the industrial landscape and the challenges relevant to the area of electronic components and systems
- Understanding of EU and national policies and international activities
- Good communication skills, written and oral communication, drive and diplomacy
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and digital tools.
Background and experience
- A level of education corresponding to completed university studies attested by a diploma
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience, preferably in the domain of electronic components and systems industry or adjacent industries (but not exclusively)
- Experience in working with or in collaborative research innovation projects
- Some knowledge of national, intergovernmental and European research and development policy and programmes is not mandatory but would be an asset.
Terms & Conditions
The position is a full-time role, requiring presence in the AENEAS Office in Paris a few days per week, with teleworking the other days. The position will involve traveling, mostly in Europe. Contract conditions will comply with French regulations.
How to apply
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to the Aeneas Office Manager, Cristina Predieri at firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 October 2023.
Download the full job description here.