AENEAS Active Members
AENEAS brings many benefits to its members. There is no Fixed Contribution to become a member of AENEAS. With reference to the benefits, many AENEAS members participate to funded cooperative programs in Europe, such as PENTA and ECSEL. To the advantage of all, AENEAS provides support to these programs. Therefore, AENEAS requests that project participants, who actually receive funding from (one of) these programmes, pay a Variable Contribution*.
Declaration of Acceptance signatories for Programmes managed by AENEAS
In specific cases, where project participants cannot commit themselves to become member of AENEAS, it is possible to sign a Declaration of Acceptance (DoA) for PENTA as agreement to accept the same obligations as AENEAS members or Declaration of Acceptance (DoA) for ECSEL as determined by the three JU Associations on mutual agreement for any particular year.
Variable Contribution for AENEAS Active Members and DoA signatories
- The Variable Contribution is a set percentage of the Maximum Possible Funding of each Member or DoA signatory and all its Affiliated Companies.
- For ECSEL projects, the Maximum Possible Funding is the sum of the National Funding to be received as expected at the start of the project and ECSEL JU Funding. For PENTA projects, the Maximum Possible Funding is the National Funding to be received as expected at the start of the project.
- Following the General Assembly of November 2016, the 2017 Variable Contribution has been set at 1.5% of the Maximum Possible Funding for AENEAS Active Members.
- Any change in the conditions above requires approval of the General Assembly.
- The Variable Contribution is invoiced in 3 instalments over 3 consecutive years.
- The first invoice will be issued in the year after the start of the project(s) and sent in the first quarter of the year.
- In 2018, invoices for projects of ECSEL Calls 2014 1-2, 2015 1-2, 2016 1-2 and PENTA Call 1 will be sent.
- For Active Members and Penta DoA signatories the set of percentage will be approved in the General Assembly of December 2017
- For ECSEL DoA signatories, the agreed percentage for 2017 is set at 2.5%**
For detailed information, please refer to the AENEAS Internal Regulations and AENEAS Articles of Association.